About the Company
Allen Engineering Contractor, Inc. (AECI) is a general engineering contractor specializing in railroad bridge construction projects within the western United States region. We are committed to being the industry leader through innovation, dependable service and the highest quality products and solutions to meet our clients' needs.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are currently seeking an experienced Estimator who will be responsible for estimating, scheduling and managing construction projects, including coordinating sub-contractors and procuring required materials.
- Evaluate job site conditions to determine construction methods and cost factors in order to prepare estimates.
- Create cost analysis and determine cost effectiveness for construction projects.
- Consult with clients, vendors, or other entities to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Evaluate subcontractor/vendor bids.
- Study and understand contract specifications, drawings, and associated scope of work requirements of each project before the project begins and during construction operations.
- Prepare project budgets and schedules, and monitor progress in order to make adjustments if needed.
- Coordinate material deliveries and subcontract work in accordance with project schedule.
- Ensure that submittals are submitted, received, corrected, approved and returned to subcontractors on time.
- Prepare written correspondence to clients and subcontractors.
- Maintain organized documentation, specifications, estimates, submittals, and contract drawings.
- Analyze completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine reasons for any discrepancies.
- Identify cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement.
- Maintain professional demeanor and demonstrate respect to co-workers, customers, etc.
Qualified candidates may apply online at www.allenec.com.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or a related field.
- At least 10 years prior experience as an Estimator on railroad bridge and main line construction and other structural concrete projects.
- Thorough knowledge of construction principles, techniques, materials, and cost estimation fundamentals.
- Prior experience in construction scheduling is a plus.
- Proficient with CAD, project management/estimating software and Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and multi-task with ease.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
Only candidates who meet the stated minimum requirements will be considered. Solicitations from recruiting agencies will not be accepted.
Allen Engineering Contractor, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a safe, drug-free work environment, and pre-employment drug screening and background checks are required. Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.