About the Company
Allen Engineering Contractor, Inc. (AECI) is a general engineering contractor specializing in commercial/industrial construction, and railroad bridge construction projects across the United States. We are committed to being the industry leader through innovation, dependable service and the highest quality products and solutions to meet our clients' needs.
Allen Engineering Contractor, Inc. offers a unique environment that encourages teamwork and rewards performance. We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, a 401(k) and profit sharing plan, paid company holidays, and paid vacation and sick time for eligible employees.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are currently seeking a Field Project Engineer who will use their acquired engineering knowledge and skills to ensure that construction projects are compliant with specifications, codes, and other regulations.
- Study and understand contract specifications, drawings, and associated scope of work requirements of each project before the project begins and during construction operations.
- Review and interpret plans, blueprints, site layouts, specifications, or construction methods to ensure compliance with legal requirements and safety regulations.
- Conduct inspections using survey instruments, metering devices, tape measures, test equipment, etc.
- Inspect and monitor construction sites to ensure adherence to safety standards, building codes, and project specifications.
- Inspect bridges, foundations, highways, dams, buildings, etc. during and after construction for conformance to specifications and codes, structural quality, and general safety.
- Verify that site conditions meet plans and specifications.
- Verify survey and layout for field construction.
- Measure dimensions and verify level, alignment, or elevation of structures or fixtures to ensure compliance with construction plans and codes.
- Monitor progress of cost loaded schedule.
- Monitor material deliveries and subcontract work in accordance with project specifications.
- Monitor construction activities to ensure that environmental regulations are not violated.
- Communicate with other contractors, suppliers, project management staff, and other authorities to explain regulations and recommend corrective actions.
- Maintain daily logs, inspection reports, and project photographs.
- Evaluate submittals for compliance to project specifications.
- Verify accuracy of red-lined drawings.
- Issue permits for construction, relocation, demolition, or occupancy.
- Assist project superintendent with construction oversight and quality control.
- Maintain organized project documentation.
- Maintain professional demeanor and demonstrate respect to co-workers, customers, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering.
- Some related experience in the construction industry.
- Knowledge of construction principles, techniques, materials, tools, and cost estimation fundamentals.
- Knowledge of practical application of engineering principles, techniques, and procedures.
- Proficient with CAD and Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and multi-task with ease.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. Only individuals who meet the stated minimum requirements will be considered. Solicitations from recruiting agencies will not be accepted.
Allen Engineering Contractor, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a safe, drug-free work environment, and pre-employment drug screening and background checks are required.