About the Company
Allen Engineering Contractor, Inc. (AECI) is an established Class A general contractor specializing in heavy civil and commercial/industrial construction projects across the United States. We are committed to being the industry leader through innovation, dependable service and the highest quality products and solutions to meet our clients' needs.
Allen Engineering Contractor, Inc. offers a unique environment that encourages teamwork and rewards performance. We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, a 401(k) and profit sharing plan, paid company holidays, and paid vacation and sick time for eligible employees.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are currently seeking a Junior Estimator who will be responsible for supporting the Estimating department by preparing plan takeoffs, obtaining vendor quotes, maintaining project data, and other related tasks.
- Prepare material quantity take offs and estimates.
- Compile and enter data into estimating software program.
- Communicate and coordinate with other contractors, suppliers, project management staff, and outside agencies.
- Maintain organized documentation, specifications, estimates, submittals, and contract drawings.
Qualified candidates may email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Construction Management or Project Management preferred.
- Familiarity of land surveying and mapping preferred.
- Knowledge of construction cost estimation fundamentals.
- Some relevant work experience in the construction industry.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and multi-task with ease.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail/accuracy.
Only candidates who meet the stated minimum requirements will be considered. Solicitations from recruiting agencies will not be accepted.
Allen Engineering Contractor, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a safe, drug-free work environment, and pre-employment drug screening and background checks are required. Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.