About the Company
Allen Engineering Contractor, Inc. (AECI) is an established Class A general contractor specializing in heavy civil and commercial/industrial construction projects across the United States. We are committed to being the industry leader through innovation, dependable service and the highest quality products and solutions to meet our clients' needs.
Allen Engineering Contractor, Inc. offers a unique environment that encourages teamwork and rewards performance. We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, a 401(k) and profit sharing plan, paid company holidays, and paid vacation and sick time for eligible employees.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are actively seeing an experienced Senior Estimator to coordinate estimating efforts from the conceptual pricing phase to bid submittal for various types of construction projects.
- Estimate various types of commercial construction projects (i.e. lump sum, GMP, CM at Risk, Design-Build).
- Read, analyze, interpret and understand contracts, plans, specifications, construction cost data, and other contract documentation necessary to identify project scope, risk and opportunity.
- Visit sites and attend pre-bid meetings.
- Prepare detailed estimates and takeoffs.
- Develop bid packages for subcontractors.
- Solicit and evaluate bids and vendor pricing.
- Assemble estimates including general conditions, self-performed work and sub trades.
- Proactively identify value engineering options or advantages.
- Buyout subcontractors to obtain competitive pricing or additional scope.
- Identify cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement.
- Maintain good customer and subcontractor relations.
Qualified candidates may apply online at www.allenec.com
- At least 3 years of previous work experience estimating heavy civil and/or commercial/industrial projects.
- Thorough knowledge of construction principles, techniques, materials, and cost estimation fundamentals for multiple trades.
- Ability to take projects from conceptual pricing to hard bids.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and multi-task with ease.
- Highly proficient with estimating software and Microsoft Office applications.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. Only individuals who meet the stated minimum requirements will be considered. Solicitations from recruiting agencies will not be accepted.
Allen Engineering Contractor, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a safe, drug-free work environment, and pre-employment drug screening and background checks are required.