Allen Engineering Contractor, Inc. is a well-established general contractor specializing in heavy civil, railroad, and industrial/commercial construction projects throughout the western and southern United States regions.
We are actively seeking a Junior Estimator who will be responsible for supporting the Estimating department by obtaining vendor quotes, maintaining project data, and other related tasks.
- Study and understand contract specifications, drawings, and associated scope of work requirements of each project.
- Prepare engineering computations, material quantity take offs, estimates and surveys.
- Compile and enter project data in Bid2Win software program.
- Communicate and coordinate with other contractors, suppliers, project management staff, and outside agencies.
- Ensure that submittals are submitted, received, corrected, approved and returned to subcontractors on time.
- Prepare RFI’s and other written correspondence to clients and subcontractors.
- Understand changes in contract work and request change orders as applicable.
- Maintain organized documentation, specifications, estimates, submittals, and contract drawings.
- Maintain professional demeanor and demonstrate respect to co-workers, customers, etc.
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field.
- Experienced with Auto CADD.
- Familiarity of land surveying and mapping preferred.
- Knowledge of construction principles, techniques, materials, and cost estimation fundamentals.
- Some relevant work experience in the construction industry.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and multi-task with ease.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail/accuracy.
Qualified candidates may apply online at www.allenec.com. Resumes will also be accepted via email to email@example.com.
Allen Engineering Contractor, Inc. offers a unique environment that encourages teamwork and rewards performance. We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive compensation packages include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, a 401(k) and profit sharing plan, and paid time off for eligible employees.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. and willing to travel occasionally, if needed. We are committed to a safe, drug-free work environment, and pre-employment drug screening and background checks are required. Equal Opportunity Employer.