Allen Engineering Contractor, Inc. is a well-established general contractor specializing in heavy civil, railroad, and industrial/commercial construction projects throughout the western and southern United States regions.
We are actively seeking an experienced Senior Estimator, with expertise in heavy civil construction projects, to coordinate estimating efforts from the conceptual pricing phase to bid submittal.
- Estimate various types of heavy civil construction and commercial/industrial projects (i.e. lump sum, GMP, CM at Risk, Design-Build).
- Read, analyze, interpret and understand contracts, plans, specifications, construction cost data, and other contract documentation necessary to identify project scope, risk and opportunity.
- Visit sites and attend pre-bid meetings.
- Prepare detailed estimates and takeoffs.
- Develop bid packages for subcontractors.
- Solicit and evaluate bids and vendor pricing.
- Assemble estimates including general conditions, self-performed work and sub trades.
- Proactively identify value engineering options or advantages.
- Buyout subcontractors to obtain competitive pricing or additional scope.
- Analyze completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine reasons for any discrepancies.
- Identify cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement.
- Maintain good customer and subcontractor relations.
- Work with Project Management team to ensure that projects are completed on time and under budget.
- Minimum 5 years of construction estimating experience for heavy civil and/or commercial/industrial projects.
- Thorough knowledge of construction principles, techniques, materials, and cost estimation fundamentals for multiple trades.
- Ability to take projects from conceptual pricing to hard bids.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and multi-task with ease.
- Highly proficient with estimating software and Microsoft Office applications.
Qualified candidates may apply online at www.allenec.com. Resumes will also be accepted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Allen Engineering Contractor, Inc. offers a unique environment that encourages teamwork and rewards performance. We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive compensation packages include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, a 401(k) and profit sharing plan, and paid time off for eligible employees.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. and willing to travel as needed. We are committed to a safe, drug-free work environment, and pre-employment drug screening and background checks are required. Equal Opportunity Employer.