Allen Engineering Contractor, Inc. is a well-established general contractor specializing in heavy civil, railroad, and industrial/commercial construction projects throughout the western and southern United States regions.
We are actively seeking an experienced Civil/Commercial Estimator to coordinate estimating efforts from the conceptual pricing phase to bid submittal for various types of construction projects.
- Estimate various types of commercial construction projects (i.e. lump sum, GMP, CM at Risk, Design-Build).
- Read, analyze, interpret and understand contracts, plans, specifications, construction cost data, and other contract documentation necessary to identify project scope, risk and opportunity.
- Visit sites and attend pre-bid meetings.
- Prepare detailed estimates and takeoffs.
- Develop bid packages for subcontractors.
- Solicit and evaluate bids and vendor pricing.
- Assemble estimates including general conditions, self-performed work and sub trades.
- Proactively identify value engineering options or advantages.
- Buyout subcontractors to obtain competitive pricing or additional scope.
- Analyze completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine reasons for any discrepancies.
- Identify cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement.
- Maintain good customer and subcontractor relations.
- Work with Project Management team to ensure that projects are completed on time and under budget.
- BS/BA in Construction Management or Engineering field.
- Minimum 5 years of construction estimating experience for commercial and/or heavy civil projects.
- Thorough knowledge of construction principles, techniques, materials, and cost estimation fundamentals for multiple trades including electrical, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry, concrete, etc.
- Ability to take projects from conceptual pricing to hard bids.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and multi-task with ease.
- Highly proficient with estimating software and Microsoft Office applications.
Qualified candidates may apply online at www.allenec.com. Resumes will also be accepted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Allen Engineering Contractor, Inc. offers a unique environment that encourages teamwork and rewards performance. We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive compensation packages include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, a 401(k) and profit sharing plan, and paid time off for eligible employees.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. and willing to travel as needed. We are committed to a safe, drug-free work environment, and pre-employment drug screening and background checks are required. Equal Opportunity Employer.